The technical diagnosis dossier provided by the seller must inform the purchaser of certain characteristics of the sold property. This file is presented to the buyer upon the signing of the sales agreement and, failing that, to the deed of sale.
- The diagnosis of energy performance (DPE) is valid for 10 years. It assesses the energy consumed by housing (insulation, heating, hot water, air conditioning ...).
- The parasitic state, valid for 6 months, informs about the presence of termites if the dwelling is located in a risk area.
- The state of natural hazards, mining and technology (flooding, earthquake, industrial, chemical ...) is valid for 6 months. It must be provided if the property is in an area covered by a natural risk prevention plan, mining or technology, or in a seismic zone.
- The risk of finding of lead exposure is given for dwellings built before 1949. It is valid for one year in case of presence of lead and if not, its validity is unlimited.
- The condition relating to the presence of asbestos is mandatory for properties built before 1 July 1997. Its validity is unlimited.
- The diagnosis of gas installations and electricity over 15 years to be realized and is valid for 3 years.
- The sewerage installation required to provide a certificate of compliance and proper functioning under 3 years.
- The footage of the area in "Carrez law" must be achieved for the sale of an apartment.
All these documents will provide the notary on the sale of your apartment or your house.